View Single Post
Originally Posted by Manu
If I double click the flasher it opens a terminal window but when I enter either command
"hmod a+x flasher.macosx" or
"./flasher.macosx -F Nokia_770_0.2005.45-8.bin -f -R"
I get the "No such file or directory" message and that's about it

Thanks
Hi,

Don't try and double click the 'flasher' program (and it needs to be the flasher.macosx file you downloaded and not flasher).

First find out where you downloaded finder.macosx and Nokia_770_0.2005.45-8.bin. Do this with finder e.g. highlight them and then select file/get info. On the Info panel on the General section should be a line that says Where: Remember this directory name. Then do the same thing on the Nokia_770_0.2005.45-8.bin file you downloaded. The directory shown in the Where: section should be the same to make life easier.

Open the terminal window using finder e.g. Applications/Utilities/Terminal.

In the terminal cd to the directory identified on the Where: e.g. if it was /Users/manu/downloads do:

cd /Users/manu/downloads

Note that the names are cases sensitive.

Now do the "chmod a+x flasher.macosx" (without the quotes) and don't forget the c at the front of the command. If you get something like "chmod: flasher.macosx: No such file or directory" then you are probably in the wrong directory or have a typo in the file name ... do a "ls -l" to see the files in the directory. If the chmod works, you won't get any messages back, just a new command line.

Now try the flasher.macosx command:

If you get something like "Nokia_770_0.2005.45-8.bin: No such file or directory". Again the names are case sensitive and make sure that Nokia_770_0.2005.45-8.bin is in the current folder, again check with "ls -l".

Cheers ... Gwaant