View Single Post
Hello, first attempt at an application, this is a quick and easy live train times for UK based trains. It uses an API provided by the NationalRail service.

Currently its still an alpha, it shows no indepth train information, just shows the live train boards whether arriving or departing and can store favourited train stations and shows the departure boards for them.

I'd like to say thanks to coderus, lukedirtwalker and SfietKonstantinW, they helped me out immensely on #sailfishos and if it wasn't for them I would of probably got stuck and never moved off again. Also thanks to Markkyboy for the logo, it looks great

till i get this into openrepos and harbour heres an rpm for testing

Well am on OpenRepos now and hopefully the Jolla store

and sources

https://github.com/m4r0v3r/harbour-nationalrail

I'll probably need a new icon for it soon(the icon bit is no longer true), but currently its mostly for testing, although everyday use should work fine.

known issues:
  • the Station names sometimes overlap the platform
  • Only on my Jolla running 1.1.6 the favorites icon does not change, yet the favourite action is performed. Is this just me?

changelog:

release 2:
  • added option for arrival or departure to favourites page

release 3:
  • added simply better icon, thank you Markkyboy for providing it
  • attempted to add busyindicator to address the freeze issue, no luck, edit: a cheeky timer seems to of fixed the issue

release 4:
  • Station Messages are now available to view in the pulley menu when viewing a stations live times.

release 5:
  • the apps in openrepos(yay)
  • Added JourneyDetails
  • Fixed an issue with the favourites not correctly highlighting (thanks kimmoli)

upcoming features(i hope):
  • Cover page that reflects timetables for quick view
  • Settings page to control how often cover page refreshes data

Last edited by m4r0v3r; 2015-06-18 at 21:17.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post: