View Single Post
Posts: 607 | Thanked: 450 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Washington, DC
Originally Posted by flux41 View Post
I wonder if Nokia is timing the release appropriately. Think about it; if they released the n900 when they were suppose to, the hype over the Droid could have overpowered the promotion for the n900 resulting in Nokia taking a serious hit in potential target markets. By waiting a few more weeks, it gives Nokia some more time to work on the product and allows for the hype and excitement about Droid to fall back to earth. If I had to make the call, I would rather make the people who preordered (like me) a little pissed than to release at the wrong time and get run over by the hype of a competing product.
The only problem with your argument is that if they had released the N900 in mid-October when they originally were supposed to, it would have hit the streets a month before the Droid became available. As it stands, the N900 announcement has been forgotten in the wake of the Droid announcement and the unavailability of the N900. The actual shipment of the N900 will come just as people are starting to blog about their new Droids (assuming they ship on time in early November).