View Single Post
Originally Posted by amandalam View Post
Just found out that stskeeps has uploaded U-boot to the extras-devel repository:

http://maemo.org/packages/view/uboot-pr13/

A few days ago I've raw-written the MeeGo 1.1 (Release) Handset UX image to a micro SD card and I could boot into MeeGo by using the flasher -l -b -k command.

Just now I installed the U-boot successfully but it failed to boot into MeeGo. Soon I found out in this site that we will need to create an extra FAT partition, convert the MeeGo kernel file to an uImage, and then put the uImage to the newly created FAT partition in order to make it boots.

Will it be possible that we can download the "ready-made" uImage from repo.meego.com like where we download the .raw images? I suggest this because the purpose of u-boot after all is to ease the process of testing MeeGo, and the additional steps mentioned are quite troublesome for those who would like to test the daily builds frequently and for those who are using Windows as their primary OS...
for the devs: uboot ext2 bug might not be solvable for every purpose but it is just two lines to make it work. the returncode in the read function is hardcoded to be allways 1 so it fails. without that you can have the kernel on the ext2/ext3.. meaning a bootmenu on the n900 + the kernels next to it -> no flashing anymore.

worked for me. but it might need examining why the long time avaible patch is not applyed. might have a reason(some failure). i didn't dig into it.

for the n900 it worked for me.

maybe it helps?
br

The Following User Says Thank You to lunat For This Useful Post: