View Single Post
Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Ken-Young View Post
Can you explain to me why this would be a priceless device?
What am I missing? Who's going to want to buy one of these, at this late date? And why?
It is priceless because it don't exists and I want to have it
Don't take me to serious. It is my point of view from a N900 addicted person. And sure I have a limit too.

I like the idea to have a small pocket computer with a cellular modem, many nice electronic possibilities and features which is as much as open as it can and tries to be secure from the hardware side.
Is there a compareable project or ready product? There are some nice open projects but none of them is like this and combines so much things together in a form factor I like. In addition you can also save some resources when upgrading an old hardware or buy a refurbished one.

Sounds great to me. But also challenging.

And yes you will never get a fully private secure device but a device which makes it harder for none government agencies to spy on.

I am still using my N900 and I still would like to buy a Neo900.
Both are outdated but enough for my needs.
The only thing what I am worry about is the Maemo OS which is outdated too. Make Maemo free from blobs and porting to other old devices would attract more people. And we need more people to maintain Maemo or something like hildon-devuan maemo like os.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post: