View Single Post
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Ok, I'm not going to revisit anything we've already gone over because in reading back over it my head still gets dizzy from the point-counterpoint. So let me just summarize my position (and note it is just mine) on this overblown PR1.2 thread debacle:

- The PR1.2 thread was started by Dave999 in all seriousness but as even serious threads tend to over time it became a parody of itself. No harm in that. It's natural. No thread lives forever.

- Another moderator decided it had outlived its original usefulness, moved it to Off Topic, and added "Chuck Norris" to the title as a harmless joke reflecting some of the recent posts

- Dave999 was asked if he wanted everything restored and I have not seen him request that

- Out of the thousands of posters here TWO lodged formal complaints

I think a tremendous uproar is being made by two people over something the original thread creator has not complained about. I'm not dismissive of those opinions. I just disagree with them. If I'm overruled in that disagreement, so be it. I don't really have a stake in it. I'm just another member here who volunteers his time to help keep this place from descending into chaos, and I answer to the community. So if there's a consensus that moving an exhausted thread to Off Topic and tacking a tongue-cheek comment onto the title is Serious Internet Business, and met by more than what I see to be misguided pedanticism, I'm sure the original moderator and I will be overruled.

So start a poll. Start a campaign. Do whatever you feel is worth your time and principles. But I'm not going to argue this any more. I'll abide by the will of the community.