View Single Post
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
tex, i'm afraid i really don't understand what you're trying to say here.

from my POV, a thread is to be judged by its original intention/topic. if i create a thread about using infrared on the n900, the thread is to be in "n900". it has to remain there even if on page 50 people start talking about chocolate muffins. the thread was meant to be about the n900, and that's what its title reflects.

now if some moderator thinks its funny to change the thread title to "chocolate muffins" and then use this as a lame excuse to move the whole thing - including the infrared-related posts at the beginning - to off topic, i'd be p'ssed. it's my thread after all.

you said yourself in one of your previous posts that moderators cannot (and i'd say: should not) move threads around according to what's being discussed in these threads at the moment. so you have 2 options:
1) leave threads where they were and belonged to in the beginning, with the original post.
2) cut threads and open new ones as soon as the first muffin-post appears in an infrared-thread, keeping both infrared and muffin-threads clean.

option 2) is not an option as it breaks the flow of the conversation. therefore, leaving things as they are is the only thing that works IMHO.