Thread: [SailfishOS] Pure Maps
View Single Post
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
I have released a bugfix release (1.4.2) that also includes updates for translations and Greek as a new language [thank you @pmelas!]. It also adds context menu in POI list, as suggested earlier here by @pagis.

This release is my take on a bug that leads Pure Maps working on the background when you close it. Its possible that it was induced by hanging connection(s) to the servers (OSM Scout Server, for example). Since Pure Maps is using blocking API for access to HTTP servers, I was able to reproduce hanging exits by suspending OSM Scout Server before closing Pure Maps. I suspect that, at lower end, processes get swapped out and don't respond well to closing connections. To overcome the issue, I pushed connection handling into separate threads that just get terminated on exit.

Hence, those of you, who have frequently observed problems with starting / closing Pure Maps (looking at @pichlo's J1 in particular), please test this release.

I hope I haven't introduced any new bugs in this critical part of the code. If I did, let me know and switch to the earlier version.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: