View Single Post
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by jenix View Post
Not sure if I experienced a regression in the latest EA on my Xperia X. It seems that the ofono process had died. I noticed it yesterday, when I wanted to look up something via the mobile data and only got a generic error (something like "issues with the mobile connection") but no data connection. Had to completely reboot the phone (Restarting the network connection in the Utilities Tool did not help) to get it working again. Immediately after the reboot, I got SMS and call notifications from my provider from the previous day, so this seems to be a long term issue.
I suspect it to be an ofono issue because Wifi was working fine all the time. There is a similar bug report on TJC about ofono crashing when switching back from flight mode.
I will monitor the issue and open a bug report if this happens again. Does anyone have similar issues with the current EA? Also, I'm pretty sure there has been a similar issue like this before, hasn't there?
I've had half a dozen times such symptoms on Xperia XA2 Plus.

Only restarting network services did not fix the problem, but on top of that wiggling flight mode on and off managed to restore the connections again without restarting phone.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post: