View Single Post
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Based on the recent comments by the OP, I have to vote "no". Prior to these comments, I would have either voted "yes" or been indifferent.

While MeeGo has some roots in Maemo, the only real connection is a single piece of hardware that is capable of running multiple OS's. MeeGo information is only a quick google search away, and with a couple of bookmarks, a person could readily stay on top of it.

If the prevailing attitude is "MeeGo by developers for developers, common folk need not apply", then I'd prefer to not see information about it here. This type of attitude is why I chose not to participate in bug tracking.

IMHO, some of the best programs for the N900 were written by developers who actively engaged and encouraged feedback from the non-developers in the community. The interaction in threads about those programs contributed to quick development into a robust product that was easy to use.

If you'd prefer to limit the exposure of MeeGo DE (perhaps it should be DOE, developer only edition, as opposed to CE, community? edition) to mostly developers, you'd probably be better off if you didn't post information here where non-developers have easy access.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lemmyslender For This Useful Post: