View Single Post
Originally Posted by spoofykid View Post
Thanks for your help - but I'm still not getting anywhere - more than likely me just doing things wrong.

If someone wouldn't mind checking my process over, I'd be very grateful. This is what I did from the very beginning:

In a terminal I ran:
Code:
zypper in nemo-qml-plugin-dbus-qt5 sailfish-polkit-agent python3-base python3-gobject dbus-python3
Then installed lxc-templates-desktop, qxdisplay, and harbour-containers.
I swapped the daemon.py file out and made it executable.
I installed Debian Sid and Kali desktops (with 'Setup desktop' selected).
They wouldn't open so I cried for a bit.

I then attached a container, and ran in a second terminal:
Code:
/usr/bin/qxdisplay --wayland-socket-name "../../display/wayland-container-0"
This opened the "waiting for xwayland" screen.
I couldn't run '/mnt/guest/start_desktop.sh 0' as /mnt/guest didn't exist. I tried running '/usr/share/harbour-containers/scripts/guest/start_desktop.sh 0' but that couldn't find the file (dump thing to try?)
I created a guest folder in /mnt and copied everything from /usr/share/harbour-containers/scripts/guest/ into it.

I then tried to run:
Code:
/mnt/guest/start_desktop.sh 0
But it didn't work, so I cried again, this time clutching my childhood teddy bear.
I checked /var/lib/lxc/<container_name>/config and it seemed fine (maybe what I think was fine wasn't)
I then (in an attached container) ran:
Code:
/mnt/guest/setup_desktop.sh
and
Code:
/mnt/guest/setups/debian.sh
It seemed to go through the same process as when first installing the desktops through the GUI.
I then again ran (in another terminal window):
Code:
/usr/bin/qxdisplay --wayland-socket-name "../../display/wayland-container-0"
"waiting for xwayland" screen came up, and in a new terminal window I attached a container and ran:
Code:
/mnt/guest/start_desktop.sh 0
But to no avail.

This is what stops me getting any further it seems:
Code:
could not connect to wayland server
(EE)
Fatal server error:
(EE) Couldn't add screen
(EE)
xinit: giving up
xinit: unable to connect to X server: Connection refused
xinit: server error
Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I'm running 4.1.0.23 on Xperia 10. Thank you.
seems like desktop is not fully set up. Do you have /mnt/guest/setup_desktop.sh? Try running tjat. It's different than debian.sh, which is just the initial container creation script (I think) for rootfs, etc. Desktop setup is pretty extensive. It downloads a few hundred mb and takes 10-15 minutes ...

Also check if you have /opt/bin/xwayland. It's created during desktop setup, so if that's not there, its not going to work...

Last edited by levone1; 2021-05-25 at 03:30.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post: