View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by lma View Post
  • Texrat reconsiders
  • I say I'm glad he did
Please quote where you did this. I don't see it in this thread. If you wish to state facts, qwazix seems to be the only person that sighed any relief.

Is anything above factually incorrect? Which part(s) do you have a problem with? I'm confused...
Apparently I've used some words that you don't understand. So allow me to use different words that mean the same thing.

The last board of directors publicly had issues. The in-fighting, vitriol and posing has now created a circus of what was once a respected group that had the community interests in mind first. That seems to be (last board) no longer the case. Hopefully this incoming board will change that perception.

As a reminder, I have stated the oft-forgotten and/or pushed aside via deflection tactics about how the past board had acted. It was not acceptable despite whatever claim of importance and/or comparison those people have made this community endure via their long-winded posts that declare nothing more than thinly veiled attacks, statements denigrating another member's status and how they are "right" in their statements, et al.

Guess what? It doesn't fool me or many others.

In the end, a lot of us here just want to know whether or not it will happen again, what will happen in the near future in regards to this forum and all indicia and content, and if anything, is there a future. If there isn't... it was a good ride.

If there is a future, I hope it's not with the people that have continued to make a mockery of the people in positions we once respected. If you cannot understand that, then I am at a loss of words. And if you want to compare me to other people, yourself inclusive, I am a community member that's invested in the devices (all bought with my money, never given one) and programming (Qt, QML, Qt Quick) for clients to test the viability of these products as well done a guide for optimizing your Diablo install on the N810 and behind the scenes have done other community based items. But as it stands, I don't really have to justify my membership ad nauseum. Don't expect me to do this ever again. There is no need.

Does that make me a full-fledged community member? Yes. Does that make me more or less important than any other? No. Do I feel like I've given my all to this community? Not really. Do I think others have given more than I? Yes, indeed. Should I continue to get compared because... well, it makes that one certain person feel better because he's in the spotlight for being downright shady? Not my problem to deal with. Justify yourself on your own time I say.

AIUI (from meeting minutes etc) the council is in talks with Nokia re: handover but everything stalled as there was no legal entity to deal with. This is now finally resolved, and that is why I despaired at the prospect of a new election.
Great. This means that something may finally happen. Now, what will it be I wonder in full?

FYI, I have already volunteered to help run the repositories.
Great. And the outcome of this will be what exactly?

Now, with that said, the facts is that Texrat did not repeal his bid. That's a fact. He has not slowed down this hand-off process, that's a fact. And this communication between you and I has traveled into a semantic laced minefield that honestly is about as masturbatory as anything that I tend to avoid - it has produced absolutely nothing.

Again. Be my guest to continue on. The facts are above, they're settled, there are no delays, no removals of bids and the answers are far too ****ing long to accomplish a damn thing other than make the other person respond unnecessarily.

I've got better things to dedicate my memory to... waste your time at your own leisure.