View Single Post
I just bought a N9, and I'm not sure whether I like it or not, but that besides. I'm collecting issues, things I cannot do here which I still can do on my N900. here I'm talking about GPS.

on N900 we have Mappero, fine, works, it's based on openstreetmap and nobody is taking that away from us. maps on N9 were Nokia or OVI based and both disappeared in the meanwhile.

I don't know if there is a OSM client on N9, I didn't find it, and the best next thing I found is this project: https://github.com/mfrasca/gpslogger/ (right, I already cloned it, and I'm giving it a try).

well then, the original author of gps-logger made clear, around 2014, that he had moved to other things. the current state of the above software is:

1) the original deb file works.
2) I don't know how to produce an updated deb file,
3) I can install the original deb, start it, overwrite the sources I changed, and my software works — until reboot, then I have to go through the same process again,
4) in 2013 Hiroshi Miura managed to get gps-logger to read tiles from the OSM repositories, but I did not manage to get his version to work.

anybody can help?

Last edited by mfrasca; 2018-03-01 at 14:12. Reason: typo correction

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mfrasca For This Useful Post: