View Single Post
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by KYSoh View Post
Overall, it's good. I've added a few epub files from my local filesystem from Fictionwise and Feedbooks. Will test direct download when I have a stable connection.

A few areas of concern
  • scrolling appears slow. When I drag a page, the scrolling is delayed and jumps (this is on my N810)
  • lack of an indicator when I reached the end of a section. Perhaps a ----End of Section--- marker could be included in the display to give visual feedback
  • lack of feedback when I reached the end of the file. Perhaps a ---End of File--- marker could be included in the display to give visual feedback
Thanks for your feedback!

The content of the ePub-file is just shown in an iframe. So if there is a problem with scrolling, it's a problem of Firefox itself. I had a look at the Firefox Mobile bugs and have seen that there seem to be still problems with scrolling. If you don't drag the page, but use tapping left/right top/bottom for scrolling/paging it's hopefully not a problem.

Concerning the indicators I'll contact you via email. I think it's easier to discuss it that way.

Best,
Michael