View Single Post
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by NokiaFanatic View Post
Very interested in that Panasonic phone - can you tell us how it stacks up against the 808?
Image quality is similar to 808 (on auto), but much bulkier. Camera launch speed, photo process time is much quicker. OS is modern although I still prefer old Symbian to Android. Overall a better "phone" than 808 and similar camera quality. There is a very nice comparison here.

Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
Interesting. What are your thoughts on the CM1 ?
Interesting comparison. I personally prefer 808 to the 1020. I don't like OIS on 1020, it easily makes photos too bright and unreal, also it has more green/yellow colour. And on the mobile phone side, WP is pain to use, Symbian doesn't have a lot apps but generally better to use. Plus removable battery, sd card support, ND filter and fm trasmitter makes it the overall winner to me. I bought 2 808s.

Disagree on your close up comparison: On 808/1020 because there is a minimum focus length, you need to switch to pureview mode (8MP/5MP) and zoom in to take close ups. They won't be worse than iPhone 6+. (iPhone 6+ is very good on close up indeed.)

For overall image quality I feel 808=CM1>1020>iPhone6+>Z3.

CM1 has a lot of manual settings which I still not familiar with. And I haven't used RAW output yet.

After using the CM1 I was surprised how good 808 is - Tiny size, weak chip, powerful camera.

The Following User Says Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post: