View Single Post
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by tortoisedoc View Post
See it from the eyes of someone living in 2010.

Could they have gotten cold feet from android? Android was so limited back then, noone thought it would be able to grow where it is today.
If we're thinking about 2010, then personally I think Nokia should have taken Android seriously. They probably did. Android was back then the "open" solution compared for example to iPhone and Symbian. I remember seriously considering one of the HTC devices back then. I remember also considering N900, but decided back then that perhaps I'll wait for the next iteration that I supposed would suit me better. And of course Nokia gave up on it, I got fooled .

But I don't think Android was anything to scoff at even back then. In fact considering the time, I thought it was one of the more promising and open mobile operating systems. I do wish the whole MeeGo alliance with Intel never would have happened, I think the progress would have been swifter with just maemo base and going to harmattan and beyond.

But I'm glad we have Sailfish, since it's currently really the only suitable choice for me. I fear for the day that I have only iOS and Android as practical choices.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post: