View Single Post
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by xes View Post
Do you think it is possible to customize the main bar buttons or add missing actions to a submenu that substitutes the back arrow? In that way the left finger would manage reload, new tab..ecc..
Well, there are keyboard shortcuts for those actions. If you are going to raise a submenu from the toolbar, then that would be no more efficient that raising the main application menu and choosing the action from there.

Originally Posted by xes View Post
Out of curiosity:
I have always wondered if instead double click to zoom the full web page just to click on the proper page number of a thread... it would be possible to manage a "one click and half action" to zoom just a zone of a web page using some kind of lense effect with a crossair to pick the right link..
Probably the development effort would be much more than the advantages, but i have always asked myself why no one is using such kind of trick into mobile devices.
Like Opera Mobile? To be honest, I have found that to be one it's more irritating features. No matter how precisely I tap on a link/button, Opera Mobile nearly always forces me to tap it again after zooming in. It's the new 'clippy'.

However, it is possible to do it, though it would require some more features of QtWebKit to be exposed to QML (which I intend to do anyway). It can be done by intercepting the tap and performing a hit test to check what content exists at the position where the tap occured.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post: