View Single Post
Originally Posted by Thesandlord View Post
You seem like the kind of person who will enjoy the N810. But you might want to wait a few months for a new device...
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles
If price isn't a huge issue (think ~$500 instead of ~$220 for the N810), I'd recommend waiting for the new tablets as both the N810 and the iPod Touch are really out of date at this point
Unfortunately for the time being i'm close to broke, I would be essentially trading in my touch and like 30 dollars. If the n900 seems awesome enough I can always just resell the n810 and sell my netbook and I will have acquired a little more disposable income by then.

Originally Posted by maacruz
Turn by turn directions are supported by navit (but you may not find good maps for navit)
The two towns which I am going to frequent regularly are both covered well by openstreetmaps, so I should be good, right?

Originally Posted by blutack
I would however consider getting an N800 instead of N810. You can use the money saved to get a keyboard and bluetooth GPS (which you'll probably need anyway) and you can expand the storage space to 32GB (2x SD cards)
I probably would if I wasn't intending on taking it everywhere with me, making size a big issue

edit:
Originally Posted by geraldko
you can pick up an N800 or N810 cheaply now on eBay and, if you want to jump on the new device when it comes out, you'll probably be able to re-sell the old one without suffering too steep a loss.
haha, we had the same thought on the issue, I didn't catch your post when originally writing my response

Last edited by notnarb; 2009-04-28 at 00:54.