View Single Post
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
After more than two years of use of my container, I'm trying to get harbour-containers to work on the Pro1x and its SFOS port. I was stuck in 3.3 for a long time on my Pro1 (laziness because the upgrade implied reflashing due to encryption) and already had a working container, so now is the first time I face the same issues that others have faced here in the last months.

Some notes I took along the road:

- There are no aarch64 builds on the repository, but…
- There are aarch64 builds here for harbour-containers, qxdisplay and even qxcompositor, so we can choose (this will need editing /usr/share/harbour-containers/scripts/host/new_display.sh of course).
- The instructions in harbour-containers' README don't mention xz ad a dependency; presumably it was pre-installed on Pro1, but is missing on Pro1x. Just run devel-su zypper install xz.
- From there, lxc-create -t sfos-download -n <container-name> works, and so does container creation from the harbour-containers GUI (at least the aarch64 build from the above mirror, which includes HengYe's PR to disable Sailjail).
- However, while checking "Setup desktop" in the GUI looks encouraging in the beginning, it quickly breaks bad with a lot of errors showing up, and ultimately a (reproducible) crash of the terminal where it is being run. I think I noticed a lot of red text around an Xwayland step, and since Xwayland is supposed to be built from source to apply some patches, I thought the sources were not reachable anymore. This is when I ended up here and noticed that edp17 already noticed the same long ago; thanks!
- I therefore downloaded the latest Xwayland-….bin file as instructed in the FP with wget https://github.com/sailfish-containe....libc-2.29.bin followed by mv Xwayland.aarch64.libc-2.29.bin /home/.lxc/<container-name>/opt/bin/Xwayland && chmod +x /home/lxc/<container-name>/opt/bin/Xwayland.
- But this was not the only issue I got with the setup_desktop.sh script. I got a lot of failures to resolve deb.debian.org, which I could solve with echo "nameserver 8.8.8.8" | sudo tee /etc/resolv.conf > /dev/null ran from inside the container (devel-su lxc-attach -n <container-name>). The issue may or may not be related to this, I don't know yet. I wonder if this wouldn't have solved the Xwayland download in the first place.
- From within the container still, I then ran /mnt/guest/./setup_desktop.sh as root again to restart the X desktop setup.
- Then, to my great surprise, the "Xsession" button inside the harbour-container's GUI worked!

Currently I'm using qxcompositor, but I suspect qxdisplay would work as well. I don't use portrait rotation given the device I use, but as far as I remember, Elros34 merged the qxdisplay patches into qxcompositor, so both should now support the same -o flag, and therefore hopefully work equally well for switching orientation from the corresponding button in harbour-containers' GUI.

Since I was having issues initially, I made a nemo symlink with sudo ln -s /home/defaultuser /home/nemo before the steps above, so I cannot tell if all this would have worked without the symlink. I doubt it since, as far as I remember, harbour-containers still doesn't support user names other than nemo. I had a PR pending for that but it's not merged and I'm not even sure it works.

Anyway, glad to see Debian on the Pro1x this early!

Last edited by Kabouik; 2022-08-07 at 12:37.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post: