View Single Post
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
>Days of the week in the calendar

I'd argue that the calendar is an application, not part of the OS and that therefore shortcomings of the calendar are not shortcomings of the OS.
That is correct, however it is an application coming from the creators of the OS that some may interpret as the OS creators' idea of what applications should look like. That is why I included it there.

Regarding szopin's argument about learning curves... I had though of it. Do I confuse intuitiveness with familiarity? Well, maybe. When I first got my N900, I did not run the tutorial. In fact, I never ran the N900 tutorial. Yet I quickly figured out how the UI works. Jolla forced me through the tutorial. And good job it did, I am not sure I would have figured it out myself. It is quite possible that the N900 UI is similar to familiar desktop interfaces and that's where the impression of intuitiveness comes from but I truly believe hat the best test of an intuitive UI is to let a complete newbie use it and figure out without help how to do a given task.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: