View Single Post
Originally Posted by sds910 View Post
maemo install went fine, but the windows side is a mess. the install script incorrectly attempts to install a more recent version of sqllite3 for which there is no compiled win32 binary and errors out with nmake problems. after a little googling i was able to get the proper prerequisites installed manually, but any attempt to add media via the web interface is fruitless: it accepts the added folders but never sees any files.
Sorry about the little messy install on Windows, but it's not the easiest target for me as I don't use it. Anyways, did you press Update collection after adding paths? That button comes visible when ffmpeg and vlc paths are correctly setup. It should autodetect them (unless VLC isn't in c:\Program FIles), but if not, please set the paths in settings. I think \ works in paths too, but Ruby on Windows seems to use / instead of \.

For the rest, please open a command prompt (run -> cmd) and type a command ruby -v. If it prints out a version number of ruby, it should be correctly setup. If not, please uninstall Ruby and be sure to use the rc1 version, we had problems with rc2. If ruby was correctly setup, please run the following command (if knots is on c:\ root):

Code:
cd c:\knots\install
windows_setup
and tell me what it says. If anyone got it working ok in Windows, please help the others.

The Following User Says Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post: