View Single Post
Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by elimoon8 View Post
This seems like an awesome solution (in addition to Orb, etc.) but with seeking!

When I follow the instructions here, I have two questions:
1) "Windows users need to run install\setup_windows.cmd to install the rest of the needed dependencies first."

I'm following the directions for Windows, since I'm installing in Windows Vista 32-bit. When I get to this step, I run setup_windows.cmd, but it opens and closes so fast I have no chance to choose any options: "When asked, please try to choose the latest version that has the word mswin32 after it and answer yes if it asks to install dependencies."

After that, I just clicked on knots.rb and hoped it worked. How do I know if it actually started up or not?

2) "Just point your browser to http://localhost:1978 and add your media under settings."

What do I use for localhost? Is it the internal or external IP address (I've seen the notation before, but I never needed it, so I never found out what it meant)? Do I have to forward any ports in my router?

Thanks again! I'm sorry to rehash anything that was previously discussed in the other thread!

I'd say that other than the questions above, things have worked out nicely on the n810 side. The client opens and asks for the server address. I just don't know what to put there (answering question 2 should help me out, though)
Exact same problem! I was waiting on IRC to see if some one would help me... but no luck