View Single Post
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post

Now, if youth are able to use a 3.5" correct and without problem while elder are not we might have a special market for those elder. The Nokia N900 O-Series (for Old people). I doubt it will see the light though. So perhaps you need a different manufacturer. Or like everyone else you need to see an ophthalmologist and get yourself a pair of glasses for reading texts. Or you continue to whine about your disability without solving the root of the problem, making your problem someone else their problem as well.
While I enjoyed your notion of a model N900-O for old people, and I realize that not every "disability" can be catered to by a commercial enterprise, 60% of Americans are farsighted. (Since I haven't read that fast-food or gasoline-guzzling are causes of farsightedness, I would suppose that this figure is more-or-less accurate worldwide or at least in Europe, as well.)

Yes, I wear glasses, I went to my optometrist last month, but that isn't the cure-all you seem to think it is. (And my eyes aren't that bad, first requiring reading glasses at the ripe age of 29.) So drop this line of argument already, especially as (A) nobody is saying Don't make a 3.5" cellphone; they (we) are just saying, Make a bigger-screened tablet, too; and (B) there are more of us than there are of you!

(The way some of you are talking you would think that a person could see a paramecium on a glass slide if he just held it close enough to his eye!)

The Following User Says Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post: