View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
Ah. Thanks. I think I see where the issue is now?

My understanding was that GA was MCeV members that were not specifically officers. If GA is some super-set of members and non-members, then what defines a GA non-member? And do those non-members have voting rights?

If non-members == garage users, and voting rights in MCeV is extended to all GA then I see the issue (not dissimilar to HiFo's issue noted above). If not, then I need more clarification.

Also, a special note to MCeV and HiFo board members: Check your e-mail. There's a clock ticking that needs to be urgently addressed.
It's simple really;

"GA" = "General Assembly", that's the meeting of the people that are registered members of the association. (and I used it also in the context of meaning the members in general, not just the meeting of the members which it actually refers to)

"Passive Members", that refers to all the people who have some intrest in Maemo but not enough to have desire to actually join the MCeV as members. (Pretty much everybody who is not member of GA bt has Garage account)

There is no special name for elected officials, except "Board Memeber" I guess.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: