Thread: Maemo Advocacy
View Single Post
Thanks a lot for that, Tex. I for one admire and appreciate your dedication -- and unfortunately I believe it is sorely needed at this time.

I'm sure I'm not the only "old-timer" who's been slowly realizing this over the past few weeks/couple o' months : nothing much is happening over here these days. The volume of daily posts may look healthy, but it's really a bubble : lots of newbie questions by new users, ancient threads resurrected by same, a third stupid flame war in one month (!), but not much really new, unusual or interesting (umpteenth promise of a SIP client RSN, anyone ? :-).

And wait - it's even worse over on the maemo lists, from where the insider information used to trickle down. Not a word in ages about 770 support, or the hacker 2007 edition, or indeed the fabled new N800 ROM. Looks like everybody is just waiting for Skype or something...

Methinks this boat is riding its own wave right now, just coasting along... and if it doesn't build up momentum again sometime soon it may start to sink. With Intel gearing up its Linux UMPC killers for next year, the windows of opportunity for Nokia to "get things right" has shrunk. And I'd hate to be left holding yet another Psion.

The Following User Says Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post: