Thread: [SailfishOS] [WIP] cameraplus for Sailfish OS
View Single Post
Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by MSameer View Post
I don't think it's face detection but you never know. Most likely what happened is that android camera HAL barfed somehow. I will try to see if I can reproduce that.
EDIT: I created an issue here so I won't forget: https://gitorious.org/projects/cameraplus/issues/30
1. I can reproduce the same behavior by pointing the viewfinder at any picture of faces, or things that may look like faces. I'm guessing that the letter-cube-thingies on the book cover are also mistaken for faces.

8 megapixels is the maimum sensor resolution. You will find it in 4:3 aspect ratio
2. Why is the 8mpx resolution only available for 4:3 aspect ratio?

3. I found another "bug" (or two):
- when you shoot a video and preview it, you get three buttons: share, delete, and go to gallery. this button takes you straight to the photo section of the gallery, regardless of whether a photo or a video was being previewed. It would make more sense for it to either go to the Gallery front page or to video/photo section according to what was being previewed.
- If I go to Gallery through that button in CameraPlus, I can go back to Gallery fromt page, but then I can't get back into any of the three sections (photo, video, ambience), the buttons don't react.

4. feature request: add a resolution lower than VGA to video mode, like QVGA (320x240), WQVGA (400x240), HVGA (480x320).
The idea is to be able to send the resulting video via IM apps like Whatsapp, Threema etc. I think Threema has a 25MB limit, Whatsapp is lower. I shot a 25sec. video at VGA res. which is 29,8MB, so it's not easy to get below the required limit with VGA res.