View Single Post
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
In comparison, the same test run on...

1. My daughter's Android 4.4.2 tablet, stock browser: loads the page in split second, shows a sea of red (Logjam, Freak, Poodle, SSL3, 4 cipher suites...)
Interesting - I assume there are a lot of people using an insecure browser then.
Tbh - I have no idea what the red flags are all about and what are the worst issues. Most red flags doesn't necessarily mean the least secure.

I am also wondering what the risks are if you are just avoid browsing the sketchy sites. I usually use my N900 to browse one of the more well known news sites, a couple of boards or emacs sites so I feel relatively safe.

And even if you're targeted.. what can they do? What are the real world risks for browsing the web with an insecure browser with an N900, Android or Jolla phone?
In a worst case scenario an attacker can take over your phone, extract all data and delete your files - how much of a chance is that?
The attacker might also try to install a windows file on your N900. Good luck with that...

So it might look worse than the situation actually is. Any security experts here?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to t-b For This Useful Post: