View Single Post
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Victoria BC Canada
Originally Posted by BrentDC View Post
I believe you are witnessing the "slingshot" effect that the OpenMoko devs programmed into MokoUI. This "feature" is not disableable, so there is really not much I can do about that...
Not expecting anything, but I just want to point out an odd bit. The inertial scrolling worked great until I recently re-flashed. After re-installing via backup (inc apps), Quick-clip worked great except viewing went nowhere. I discovered that python-mokoui wasn't there and installed it. But, now it is pretty well useless as scrolling just bumps back to the bottom all the time. Seems to happen when any left-right drag happens. I don't think it did anything left-right before, when the viewer worked. I had to switch to the GTK viewer with this install.

So, if you ever start up development on this again, or if someone else does, I would recommend:

1) having a view setting option outside of the viewer, for when the viewer won't start. (kind of a catch 22 there)

2) figuring out what changed to break the moko inertial scrolling. It did work great... not any more.

3) a keyboard shortcut to open up the Quick Clip menu would be great.

Again, overall, I'll repeat what others have said. This is an awesome application for the N810. I especially like that the files are plain old text such that I can use them as I like.