View Single Post
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Aircrack-ng is a WiFi pentesting suite. It's command-line only currently - there's a GUI that you can install on top of it, called faircrack, which has its own thread.

The current version in Extras-Devel is 1.1-maemo12.
The current version in Extras-Testing is 1.1-maemo12.
The current version in Extras is 1.1-maemo12.

*Current, in this context, is defined as the last time this post was edited. You can always check the package page (http://maemo.org/packages/view/aircrack-ng/), or update from your N900, to see if there's something newer.

If you have the -devel or in -testing repositories enabled, I would appreciate it if you could vote for the version currently in -testing, as without sufficient votes it can't be pushed to extras. (And, in fact, if you could vote for all of the software that you use that is currently in the QA queue in -testing I'm sure many developers here would be happier: http://maemo.org/packages/repository...xtras-testing/)

------ Everything below this point isn't new information, I'm just leaving it for historical purposes --------

- Edit 10 -
"Cleaning" the post up by putting the useful information in the top, leaving all the other crap as I originally wrote it under this point.

- Edit 8 (Edit 9: 1.1-maem10 made it to -testing, so I edited the content of Edit 8 accordingly) -
Aircrack-NG 1.1-maemo10 is now in Extras-Testing. Rejoice, those who have -testing enabled, but not -devel.

Test, or if you've already tested, vote here, so that the masses with only Extras enabled may have aircrack-ng goodness too:
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...g/1.1-maemo10/
(It's not the most intuitive system - you need to log in with your maemo.org account, which is separate from your talk.maemo.org account, AND, you press the thumbs up/thumbs down icons to vote. So press the up thumb to vote for, press the down thumb to vote against.)

Here's the list of blockers which you should diligently check for before voting (I don't believe that this version violates any of them, as it has been optified, has a bugtracker link, and is otherwise awesome, but, if you genuinely believe aircrack-ng violates any of these, say so in here, so that I may look into fixing it):
http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-testing...klist#Blockers

- Edit 5 -
Removed "(kinda)" from topic title, because I now know the package works in general terms - so if I break something with one update I can still fix it with the next one by reverting. So now it's a legit "Announce".

Okay, so I just put an aircrack-ng 1.1 package into the autobuilder.

As of this writing it shows up here in the "Changes" but not in the "Releases": http://maemo.org/packages/view/aircrack-ng/
-Edit 2-
Looks like it has appeared for armel in the releases part too, and the .deb is downloadable from the above package interface link, SO I think that conclusively says the package should be downloadable through Extras-devel as well.

*Shrug*

Anyway, it seems to be in devel (Edit: or it's not in devel yet, and still somewhere in the auto-builder cogs... it's my first time uploading anything so I can't really tell what means what where in all the various parts of maemo.org). I don't have access to internet from my N900 at this exact moment so unfortunately I can't test it at all from device right now.

I can already see the changelog for the version I uploaded just says "debian/changelog"... which is an issue. *Facepalm* I'll get this right eventually. In the meantime, if you're seeing it as an update, that means you've got extras-devel enabled, and if you're in devel, I assume you to be perfectly ready for whatever device breaking horrors my inexperienced uploading unleashes upon your device.

- Edit 3 -

Now temporarily removed the iw dependency, because apparently iw has a conflict on its end with aircrack-ng... for some absurd reason.

I WILL eventually figure out how to get autobuilder compile this package with sqlite=true and unstable=true set as make flags, allowing you access to some of the other tools that aircrack-ng can be compiled with (airolib-ng and the **sside-ng's, and I'm not sure what else). Edit 6: sqlite=true and unstable=true added to debian/rules, so rejoice. airolib-ng and a few other utilities are now added in.

- Edit 4 -
Sent an email to the maintainer of iw requesting that he update without a conflict against aircrack-ng, or at least let me maintain the package if he is unwilling.

- Edit 6 -
For those still reading this first post: When I have time, I will be working on getting an iw into the repository that contains no conflict with aircrack-ng. I can upload new version even without being a maintainer, but it's a pain in the *** to figure out how to, exactly, because last I did it the build failed for i386 but worked for armel. In the meantime, there's a .deb of iw you can download about 20-30 posts into this thread, which doesn't conflict with aircrack-ng.

- Edit 7 -
So I have now also been added to the official maintainers list on aircrack-ng's maemo package interface page, so everyone mentally thank the original maintainer for doing that. I can now promote the packages from -devel to -testing, and I have just now done that. So it's only a matter of time before aircrack-ng makes its way to testing.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2011-07-22 at 03:22. Reason: Removed "(kinda)" from topic title.

The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post: