View Single Post
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
when driving:
- sygic maps (osm maps for backup on Lineage tablet for new construction areas, and/or modRana)
- Maebbled(Pebble Watch)- control music & see first sentence of SMS
- Open Music Player - tunes, skip and volume controlled by Pebble watch, car's aux cable music connected by BH-214 headset clipped to visor so I can answer the phone too
- Panucci - audio books

on foot/bus/train:
- Panucci - audio books
- OMP - music
- Cutetube2 - get new music from youtube (not working for those right now)
- Nokia email, phone, SMS
- BH-214 bt headset

on bicycle:
- HXMtracker - view heart rate(I need to take output and pipe it to the Pebble watch display; someday... someday...)
- Sygic maps
- Open Music Player or Panucci music & audiobooks
- BH-214 bt headset

Flyingnot lately, with what money)
I might stick earbuds in under my headset and play music or take a phone call with the aircraft radio volume way higher to always hear tower/ATC.
Android apps beat anything Maemo has ever had(such a small screen) and a tablet is easier to use in a cockpit strapped to one leg, ipad and apps are actually better but I wont own one unless it was ONLY for flight and otherwise offline.
- (formerly) Flight Computer - compute wind drift

Browsing and video when out I use my Lineage Nexus 7 (flo) tablet bt tethered to my N900 if I think I will need that or use my wife's Lineage +microg one+1 phone. That said I wish I could get those same services and all hardware drivers on a real gnu linux tablet/phone distro. In real life though I do most stuff with an Ubuntu Mate laptop with a big screen, mechanical kb, and trackball if I am in the office.

Last edited by biketool; 2019-01-23 at 12:14.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post: