Thread: [SailfishOS] Pure Maps
View Single Post
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by pagis View Post
Pure Maps + OSM Scout Server I think it's the ultimate sat nav suite for SailfishOS, I did use it a bit over the last few days and here are some issues I had using it on Xperia X:

- Several times Pure Maps fail to start, ps command shows that both Pure Maps and OSM Scout Server are active in background. I have to kill those processes from a terminal and start the app again. NB WhoGo does not have this issue.

- The device itself is getting really hot during navigation, and battery consumption was high so I had to stop it after about 5min.
Re kill: you don't have to kill OSM Scout Server. Its normal that it runs (when configured to start automatically) and that should not block Pure Maps. If you see Pure Maps process without it - that's a bug. I presume its one of the bugs that have been filed already (not stopping always properly).

Re hot device: I presume you navigate then with the device in charger to keep battery happy. My device gets hot as well and I haven't found some obvious target yet, but haven't tested it thoroughly. Do you know if its only with Pure/WhoGo Maps or is it common to other GPS apps as well?

Edit Warm device could be either CPU/GPU of GPS. I tried to drive around without navigation, just letting Pure Maps to follow location and preventing sleep. Testing was limited, but I haven't seen any major difference on whether driving with or without navigation (checked with collectd/systemdatamonitor). Haven't tested with Poor Maps or plain GPS monitor yet. At some point, this should be done to figure out what's heating it up

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: