View Single Post
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by pa28pilot View Post
There's no lack of articulate discourse with this group. There are clearly good folks here, with a wide range of expertise. I suppose that gave rise to my surprise at some of what I've seen.
Perhaps your surprise stems from an incomplete understanding of the situation and context relevant to the issue?

We arrived at a compromise, that does address some of the issues. Agreed.
Again, I don't think you completely understand the issue here. The "compromise" we've arrived at solves the "issues" a helluva lot better and more effectively than the original implementation.

I may be a little unusual in that I tend to ascribe serious ownership rights to people who take the time to operate useful discussion fora. I readily admit that while I think it's wonderful for them to solicit input, that in the end, they should be empowered to do what they see fit for the greatest good. When people begin suggesting that content not be included, I tend to become circumspect, as I think the market of ideas will decide in the end what the most useful venues are.
P.S. Texrat, you're clearly insightful about some of these matters, how about addressing the more substantive aspects of my last post? I'm all for being criticized, but I think Krisse's message is a perfect example of the sort of discussion that should take place BEFORE people make decisions.
So which is it, forum owners should do whatever the hell they want, effects on the community be damned, or we should have a substantive discussion of the issue before they do that?

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post: