View Single Post
Hello all, got shortly ma pebble steel by ebay.
I wanted to congratulate @abranson for your great port job.

I'm glad that i found a discussion line here.
Seems to be not really active in openrepos.

Just want to make a small report for the first contact that i had.
Pebble from package out, rockpool installed and started.
I followed the indication from rockpool to bind it to the pebble.
And i must admit, that i just stupidly follow the indication.
Go to the bluetooth sfos environment and add the found watch.
After that i bound both then i could go further in rockpool app.
And then was just minimal possibilities, but nothing to interact with the watch. I checked all info that i could, i found no firmware info, no interaction with the default functions of the watch, until i have the good idea to activate the internet on my phone.
Then "Sesame open the door !!", i got access to the firmware version, made a firmware update, may install watchface and app.
Works great! i'm happy.

What i noticed that not works is to submit a new language. I tried to submit in parameter section, the french and the german language.
Rockpool has changed its own gui partly in french, but not the watch.
As someone else already noticed the parameters for each apps or watchface don't work properly.

I have the following questions:
1) What is the "Active Timeline Websync account" function ?
2) is that correct that is normally possible to store apps and own app option in an account? Is it this pebble websync account?
3 What are the functions of the "canned messages"?

I already register in weblate and gave a look in the languages translations. And noticed some points to be improved for the french tongue. I made already some suggestions, but i don't know what is the best for it. Submit with the "save" button or "suggest" button.

At last i wanted to make a small suggestion, for the first contact with rockpool and a pebble. Maybe it would be fine to add the suggestion to open a wifi or 3G connectivity near of the one to open the bluetooth manager for managing to pair the watch to the phone. Just for those like me full impacted from the hard stand-up in the morning...

Which you have a good time.
Cheers