View Single Post
Hi all.

A few years ago my N900 stopped working, and I got another phone.

However it had some sentimental value holding photos and videos, so now I'm trying to recover them.

Turns out my phone turns on as it's supposed to, the music plays, the keyboard lightens up and such, however the screen stays black. Is there a way to test if a touchscreen is responsive maybe?

At first I would very much like to somehow access the old files, and then try to fix the screen/get the replacement in some time maybe.

I was considering a few options:

The obvious one, USB to PC. When I connect N900 to my laptop, 'lsusb' states that 'Nokia Mobile Phones N900 (Storage Mode)' is there, however 'lsblk' doesn't any other connected drives. Any way I could force it to 'connect' without pressing something on the phone? Or, alternatively, if the touchscreen is responsive, maybe I could press something to allow for 'mass storage' mode?

Also I was trying to connect the phone to TV via RCA cable (red yellow white). The TV does react to the plugging in of the phone, however it too stays black.

If at least the keyboard is responsive, maybe I could do some useful things with it?

Edit: I'm fairly certain my touchscreen is responsive, since I hear clicking sounds when it's on. So maybe someone could direct me what kind of messages pop up when the phone turns on, what happens when it gets plugged in to PC, and I would try to click on them to enable 'mass storage'?

Last edited by elementaru; 2016-08-21 at 18:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to elementaru For This Useful Post: