View Single Post
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
For a while I could not check my routers system logs. Now I could. Enabled Ddos and all kinds of stuffs, intrusion warnings and smurfattack. Should I seek help from Gargamel? I really need some help because now I do not wan't to use the router before it is secure. To use wlan the firewall have to be set to low, otherwise the web won't show anything or connect to any site. Made some searches and it was said to be ok, that NAT is enough and that connection suppliers have already disabled the most common ports which are attacked. I do not feel peacefull while smurffs are attacking. I am on their side! Checked what is smurffattack (do not understand any router stuff) and it seems someone is using my router for smurffattack against someone else, right? But how did he get access on my router? Was it by cracking my wifi so it would be a hacker close to my home? Or was it by installing ubuntu gamepack from a russian site without checking the download - and then gave access to router to that system even for just for some hours? But I hid the wlan, but down wps, defned devices with access permission but don't understand the lan settings at all.

Edit: Panicking is my thing. Reset the router and took from internet, changed admin and wifi passwords, connected devices, hid the wifi, set what devices are aloud to use wlan, disabled wps and upnn, made some other adjustments and connected to internet again. Friend says that my router identifies smurfs so I should not worry. Really should take some coursde on these matters to get peace of mind.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

Last edited by Maemish; 2020-03-01 at 19:16.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post: