View Single Post
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
After a week on Sailfish X latest edition:

Impressed:

-refreshing display quality.
-smooth Sailing fish compared to sluggish stock Android 8.0
-battery life when mobile hotspot enabled
-Camera picture quality. Not so sharp but plenty of detail and good colors.Better than expected.
-speed of everything even though resources are sucked for Android virtual machine
-call quality
-price paid for the whole set: 50 USD for Sailfish and 80 Euro for the phone.

-not impressed:

Sailfish 2.0 design choices:
-row of main icons (phone, contacts, messages) jumps to top row, why?
-minimized apps, press icons: used to be swipe now press: result: too many false presses (ok I am pressing it in wrong area but.. once learned swipe is preferable, why not make option for both)
-profiles take way to prominent place, should be giving place to more useful action
etc..
-Interface summarized: not as intuitive as Nokia 9 Harmattan interface, too many moves required this makes itsself feel in busy situations where useless circling around is often a result.

-unlocking phone is a hassle: no double tap, fingerprint sensor does not work (registering fingerprints works somewhat, unlocking not, might be hardware issue)

-keyboard key placement: types "." instead of "space" between every word

Essential telecom features missing:

-Wire messenger Android does not work (hope to see this fixed with Sailfish 3 android upgrade - please Jolla get your act together suck some fund from Europe to integrate services such as this and fight back)
-no integrated SIP account, how is this even possible?

-SD card 32GB format to EXT4 in device menu does not work

Native apps wearing thin:
-Cutespot no longer maintained
-No Firefox after all this time?

OK and so so:

-at least I can listen music / call with my BT Senheisser Momentum headphones. But more easy to distort than other modern phones.

I like he device form factor (within the dislike of the obligatory candy bar concept of phone), the OS, waited a while to get Sailfish X issues sorted out, only to find now core features are still missing.

So still waiting more since 2010 on something really exciting to come into realization.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post: