View Single Post
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by jw461 View Post
One problem is that as well as as well-tweaked N900 runs (compared to a stock one), it's slooooow compared to the new crop of Android phones. Also, apps/updates are slow to arrive; for example, the extra media decoders haven't been add-to in a long time and I'm starting to find video files it can't play. Not too big a deal now, but it'll just get worse, not better. As nice as the N900's screen was in its time, it looks HORRIBLE compared to some of the newer phones.

Want a new case? You're limited to cheap chinese sweatshop goods on ebay and whatever retailers have in stock from 2 years ago. I wanted to buy an Otterbox yesterday and found that I couldn't...out of stock everywhere, and it's probably not coming back.
<OPINIONS>
My N900 is still relevant in 2011, and will still be in 2012.
I pass all videos I watch on the N900 through Handbrake, just to make sure they're Baseline 3.0.

800x480 is certainly not high-end nowadays, but it's certainly on par with WP7 phones

BTW, the phone is ridiculously thick already, gave up on using the Mugen batteries.
</OPINIONS>

If we're all so worried about N900-style devices not appearing EVER again, why not make a phone running Maemo Mer+Cordia? Surely there's enough talent and free time on here to do a RX-52?