View Single Post
Originally Posted by tmlind View Post
Hmm yeah good question. I guess those could be mounted based on what names are passed for those partitions in the kernel cmdline.

So maybe first check if mmcblk1p25 is vfat and has SafeStrap config and try to use that. Then if there is no SafeStrap config it should be safe to just use the "mmcparts" partitions passed in the kernel cmdline, right?

And for the rootfs the usual root=/dev/mmcblk1p25 would be nice to have working with the initramfs without having to use rootfs=/dev/ram0, you know just like the typical Linux distros do

Regards,

Tony
Am I correct to assume root=/dev/ram0 is unneeded for initramfs? If yes, this can be used to detect SafeStrap installs before mounting mmcblk1p25. Tried to implement this in initramfs: https://github.com/NotKit/hybris-boo...a41559efa0187e

However I cheated and introduced "data_partition=" and "system_partition=" parameters to mount /data and /system, since initramfs executes before starting udev and doesn't have "named" partition blockdevices created. "mmcparts" could be probably parsed manually for that, but I'm not sure how to do that properly in shell script.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post: