View Single Post
Posts: 166 | Thanked: 454 times | Joined on Apr 2015 @ Poland
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
I haven't used transmission in years but in theory it should be possible if the file is exact match. Other option would be to create a new torrent.

If you copy and paste the magnet link into transmission or any other client or will start to download from scratch. Exit the app and COPY your version of the iso into the location your bittorrent app is trying to save to. Don't move you copy, if could get damaged in the next step. Reopen the app and get it to recheck. It will analyse the file you just copied over and if exact match will allow you to start seeding. Sometimes though it doesn't work, and you end up with a 99.9% ish complete and it will attempt to redownload that part. Hence why I said make sure to COPY.
I did exactly that (except - CoW/cloning on BTRFS partition instead of copying). It worked for many other torrents and magnet links but not for this one and several other with same situation - lack of anyone having at least one block of the data and dead attached trackers.

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Most likely no seeders.
I try to seed since about two days but I am unable due to reasons mentioned in previous post.

Either way I have created a new torrent in case anyone need (and seeding). With (too) many trackers, just in case.

EDIT: Added LMDEmo torrent file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SOLYDmaemo.iso.torrent.zip (39.1 KB, 296 views)
File Type: zip LMDEmo.torrent.zip (40.5 KB, 226 views)

Last edited by mp107; 2021-11-02 at 22:40.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mp107 For This Useful Post: