View Single Post
I'm gonna drop an extra $.02 in this bucket and that'll be all. There's many things that separates humans from the rest of the animals. Of all those things, manners isn't one of them.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
It may not seem like a big deal to you but good manners dictate that if someone objects to it, you should at least try to do something about it.
If that someone is willing to tell someone to "kill yourself" over something as petty as a personal moniker (or even eating loudly), then perhaps said person should get over theirself. Since when has giving something a nickname equated to bad manners? Since others don't like it?

Too bad. If others don't like it, then more power to them. It's 100% their desicion to not like it, and I respect that. They shouldn't make something like a nickname a bloody controversy. If someone's burpin'-&-slurpin' at my dinner table, I'm not gonna get up and smack the taste out their mouth. That's petty as hell.

Perhaps I should start telling people at gatherings to keep their thumbs out of their pockets. Or tell people to stop calling the NES a "Nintendo."Because, you know, manners.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tigerroast For This Useful Post: