View Single Post
sim tray pops out every now and then
my solution for this is to very carefully, with a wirecutter or a boltcutter, chomp off the left 'tooth' of the sim tray. the spring is only on the left, and without the tooth, the tray just slides in and stays in. this means that removing the sim tray requires pulling it out with your nail a credit card underneath it, but its not hard, and the only thing damaged is the sim tray, which are super cheap. i recommend buying a spare and trying this out.

EDIT: you may need to trim down the the bottom left of your microsim {oriented with the normal cutout on top left}. just shave a teensy bit more off until it slides in easily, and make sure you dont damage the contacts

EDIT: my case was a bit beat up, and the phone was old, so my sim became disconnected OFTEN, and i would miss calls. i couldnt even tell it was out visually, because it was always slightly lifted.
after i cut off a little of the sim tray and my sim, it never disconnected again, and i can remove the sim with my thumbnail no problem.

A standard T5 torx worked for me.
i stripped a screw with torx, and i was being nice and firm. i had to do it twice, tho {once to replace the battery a month before}.

youll PROBABLY be fine with torx, as long as you have strong steady hands and move with confidence, but if it goes wrong, its a HUGE PITA. it is MUCH easier to strip the screws than you think.
dont use the wrong tools, torx-plus are like 5 bucks!

Last edited by wolke; 2013-08-06 at 17:50.