View Single Post
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Feb 2015 @ Mansester, FI
I've been lately having issues with cell ID based situations. It seems like the application is thinking I'm connected to a cell that belongs to a certain situation even when that's not true. I took the time to rebuild my config today in case it had somehow grown bad along the years, but after copying the correct cell ID arrays in situations.json this still seems to be happening.

Right now the app has one situation (let's call that A) active that is correct for the location I am, and one other (B) that is totally incorrect. I've verified (using SimScout) that the current cell ID does not belong to the situation B. When I deactivate situation B it doesn't get reactivated automatically (which is of course correct), but if I open the situation, the app is showing the cell ID condition as green (valid/matching). What is even more weird is that I have also another situation C with the exact same cells listed in conditions as B, and that situation isn't getting activated. Edit: I realised later that situation C also had a time condition which didn't match now. After removing time condition from C it also got activated. All this while not being connected to any of the cells listed for B or C.

I've also seen this happen also with two incorrect cell ID based situations at the same time (with those two situations having different cells in conditions).

I'm not quite sure when this has started, but it's been going on occasionally maybe some moths now. I'd like to keep using cell based situations as I rely quite much on location in my setup and using phone positioning is too hungry for battery. Any ideas what to do about that?

Edit (later on): After taking the device to another location and getting then back, the issue seemed to go away for now, meaning only the correct situation was activated.

Last edited by zagrim; 2018-02-11 at 05:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to zagrim For This Useful Post: