Thread: [Fremantle Maemo5] Share your code
View Single Post
Posts: 391 | Thanked: 908 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ suncity
Hi All!

I have another problem in which maybe someone could help: I'm trying to replace the operator widget in hildon-home with my custom widget.

I know that there is a custom operator name widget but I would like to add my own functions to the widget not just writing predefined texts.

So I tried to analyze the source code of that custom operator name widget and it seems - I do not really know C programming though - that there is no special function for placing the widget in the upper row. And as one of the members here told me hildon-home.c calls the appropriate .so file by hard-coding.

My thought is that if I create a hildon-home widget .so and name it connui-cellular-operator-home-item.so and place it to /usr/lib/hildon-desktop then it should be appear in the upper row (after killall hildon-home of course).

But I'm working in python so it is not that simple. I'm able to create a .so from a python code with cython but even if the widget (.py) is working when I test it in hildon-home, the .so isn't working when I name and place it like I said above.

So I do not know whether it is even possible for hildon-home.c to read a cython made .so (so it is possible to create "operator widget" in python) or it is essential to make the .so from a C source code.

Any idea would be appreciated. Thanks,

jm

The Following User Says Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post: