View Single Post
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by ThomasAH View Post
Also downloaded, installed and setup the offline Qt SDK v1.1.2 for Linux 64-bit (onto my Debian Wheezy VM), exactly the same results as Hawox. All goes well, except for downloading the Maemo toolchain because the Qt SDK Maintainer cannot fetch update files from the repositories.
Yes, I just noticed that myself (after downloading 1.1.2 this weekend onto a fresh Ubuntu box). I put up an apology about this a few posts above.

Anything else I can do?
As I also mentioned a few posts above, I then tried out version 1.1.1 of the SDK, and as it turns out that does come complete with the Maemo toolchain. (So, no need to even touch the package manager.) I then rebuilt an app of my own using that SDK (Pierogi in this case), and packaged and installed it onto one of my N900s, and it runs fine. So, I would say that using version 1.1.1 is now the way to go. (I have no idea if there is any way to upgrade the 1.1.1 SDK to a later version, but I don't think it would be necessary if all you're doing with it is developing Fremantle apps.)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post: