View Single Post
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by shaihkritzer View Post
well if you compare the newsletter image and Keyboard MOD slider images, you may see that thay are completely different. though earlier Chen said that Keyboard Mod mechanism would be used in Fx (I guess so).

BTW, folks, did anyone try to drop N950/E7? is angled slider mechanism as solid, as the 'flat' N900 slider? I've dropped my N900 once down the stairs, 5 times it hit the ground before stopping, slider opened before final hit. but still, even after 8 years, the slider mechanism is as firm as it was the day I've bought it.

I'd prefer to have a solid 'flat' mechanism like the N900 had instead of 'angled' slider if it's not as solid as flat one. I realize that modern phone most likely wouldn't survive 5 drops (bezel-less capacitive pseudo-glass screen is much weaker than framed plastic resistive screen from N900), but even if the screen and/or glass breaks, I'd hope the slider mechanism to survive.

P.S. previously I had the N95 slider and it wasn't solid at all comparing to N900. was pretty much loose even without dropping. still, N900 3-row keyboard opens way less than the Fx phone, so I guess the less of the body comes out, the more solid it is.
I have used both the E7 and the N950, believe me, the slider on those phones were phenomenal! And believe me, Fx would even have a better slider. (How do I know this? Maybe some angel came and told me about it )

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post: