View Single Post
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Hmm, lasagne does not segfault anymore, after rebooting the device... Just calmly explains that camera lens cover is closed.
Ah, my apologies, I really haven't gotten back to working on Lasagne in a while. I really only spent a few days throwing it together, it needs a lot more work!

One point: I prefer apps written in native Gtk+Hildon, not Qt. Just personal taste.
Ah, well, I've never really done much Gtk work. And, since Qt is supporting pretty much every target device that I have an interest in (Maemo, Sailfish, Android, even iOS), I've been concentrating mostly on it. I suppose I could give Gtk a look, though...

What about making a barcode plugin for default camera?
That would be an excellent idea! But, does the default camera even support plugins? I could try to integrate with one of the camera replacement apps...

And barcode-plugin-for-camera would in turn be extendable by plugins (like mbarcode is)?
Ah, but you can already use mbarcode if you want an extendable bar code reader. But yeah, there are a lot of ways that Lasagne can be improved...

About GUI: I would delegate clear-cell and delete-row somewhere closer to the table, not in a menu (what if user wants to do lots of clearning-deleting?), and move load-save-spreadsheet to standard top-menu. Then, the button to the right of the textbox would no longer be needed.
Hmm. Yeah, I think that would make the spreadsheet more usable. I guess my original intent was mainly to just get data into the spreadsheet on the N900, then copy it to a desktop (or at least a machine with a larger screen) to perform more serious editing work.

(Actually, this app probably makes more sense with a tablet-form-factor device. I was actually expecting to have such a device a few months ago... )

And, '+' button could switch to 'open lens cover to scan' screen which would save the trouble of clicking the button yet-again after opening lens cover (it should be possible to catch lens-cover-being-opened event and hence start scanning). Optionally, lens-cover-being-closed could switch back to spreadsheet.
Ah! That makes a lot of sense. Let me see if I can implement that. Thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post: