View Single Post
Originally Posted by dubliner View Post
It really makes you wonder why the outcomes are so extremely different each time one installs or upgrades.
I also wondered about this. The downloading process does a few retries (1 of 9, 2 of 9...) and sometimes the problems resolve, sometimes they do not. Also the wifi connection isn't necessarily the most stable one (at least on SFOS 2 where I had a couple of frustrating dropouts). I think I encountered less problems with "store credentials" etc. when the Sailfish OS check for updates was set to Manual instead of Automatic but maybe that's just a coincidence.

One factor might also be my V5 tablet itself but I've understood the V3 has its quirks, too.

I recall the "mystery" package to be named droid-system-tbj (not ...systemd...) but no importance since it cannot be found nonetheless.

EDIT: Ah...
Originally Posted by TheKit
Now that you wrote it in large red, I see the the extra "d" at the end. That's my typo, sorry for this, can be safely ignored until fixed one is on OBS.
I was slow

About your try #5: Actually, I didn't do any of this - like no missing layouts or sideloading. Only after having reached 3.0.3.9 I took care of these things. Does this mean you actually got the missing package installed and Bluetooth is working?
Sorry, BT isn't working.
When I originally managed to upgrade the tablet from 2.0.5.6 I only fixed the layouts on 3.0.3.8 (without a hitch). However now for some reason on try #4 I had to downgrade maybe 3-4 packages and install a couple of others and I lost track what was really happening so no wonder the tablet failed to boot afterwards... (sure, there was also the OS version inconsistency). On try #5 I decided to install the missing packages right after they'd gone missing which seemed like the right choice.

...how time consuming and tedious all the porting must be for TheKit. I am so grateful he's doing that for us! :-)
Absolutely! I would've understood perfectly if he'd just call it quits on SFOS3 & Onda but instead it looks like he managed to provide an easily upgradable solution *knocks on wood*.

Last edited by tmi; 2019-05-16 at 13:21.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tmi For This Useful Post: