View Single Post
I've been on the Z30 now for about 24 hours with the latest 10.3.1 release, and can say that so far my experience is very good. There are too many things to list, but communications and productivity are really amazing. I was initally a bit apprehensive about it not being a "settings" device, but on the contrary, BB10 is quite comprehensive where settings and configuration are concerned. In fact the last day has only been setup and config and backups.

I keep wanting to slide a keyboard out in landscape. The Z30 would be a ridiculously good device if it had one, but I suppose that's where the other BB models come in albeit in a different aspect ratio. It's going to be a while before I get used to typing onscreen. And of course the desktop environment will be missed but it's still early days. Overall it's a big relief to finally get an excellent communications device and not have to worry about borking my N900 and messing everything up.

Note to Canadians considering a Shop BlackBerry purchase:

I would recommend trying to purchase on the US site in USD and import the device into Canada yourself. On the Canadian Shop Blackberry site, the company contracted to handle sales is charging Canadians tax. But they are invoicing in USD and shipping from the US via FedEx. Which means that they are questionably collecting tax from Canadians, and making you pay tax again when it reaches the FedEx broker at the border. It would be cheaper and with fewer problems to pay in USD and import the device via USPS, however that could complicate warranty claims. Something to consider if you're trying to save some bucks...