View Single Post
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
I think the only other blob that comes to mind is iphb for libhildondesktop. This was mentioned by someone a few years ago in irc chat. If I remember the sources I'm using at the moment (Mer) are not the same. Think it was something about merging bits with dsme IIRC.
https://github.com/community-ssu/iphbd

daemon is yet to be REed, but library should be enough for building.

Hildon-desktop, if you are still using libclutter0.8 needs libcail (Clutter Accessibility Implementation Library). Newer versions of clutter seem to have integrated ATK support via cally.
I wonder if I can use cally as a drop-in replacement of cail.

mce I think should be blob free now. It only wants the osso-systemui-...-dev packages for the dbus signals etc. I think we already most if not all of them and the actual modules/UI elements in CSSU. I think you said we had libconic sources somewhere.
http://repository.maemo.org/pool/fre...libc/libconic/

BTW, CSSU repo is missing libhildondesktop from what I can see. Source is definately available because Cordia and my repo have it.
That means there was no need to change/fix it. Use the one from the repos.

After addressing iphb I think I should be able to build hildon-desktop using Maemo userland with no binary blobs. For you, it would depend on what version of clutter you're targetting.
Great. Lets see how your (clutter1.0) h-d is going to behave, I may give up on 0.8.

Had to take a week off from coding/project. Way to many hours at work the last few weeks. Worked out I've had 6 days leave so far since January Got some time off later this week but have family plans. End of next week and especially all the week after I should finally have some more free time again.
Sure, anyway I'll need some more time to RE iphbd binary.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post: