View Single Post
OK, you indicate you almost have replacements for everything.... What are they? What applications did you have and are you using now in their place on the 770?
Well, Gee.. I don't remember everything I had on my Z. Also, I now have a series 60 phone, and I have some apps on it. (I had a r520m then, which I used for BT, but could not install apps on.)

Here's what I can remember.

App:Zaurus:770 (Comments)

Solitiare:Included QPE game:MaemoDrac (Most important listed first )

Scientific Calculator:NeoCalc:None Yet (jcalc on my phone.)

Movie Player:Kino2:Included Player

Other arcade games:Varied:None yet (MAME on my phone.)

PDF reader:QPDF:Included Reader

PIM Stuff:Included:I have this on my phone. Have not tried the GPE PIM suite.

Office Apps:Hancom Office (included):Abiword. (No replacement for Hancom Sheet yet - Gnumeric port in work. I have not yet seen a handheld machine that will really open powerpoint files. I encourage people to PDF them if they want me to look at them.)

eBook Reader:QTReader:Have Not installed FBreader yet (Included Browser used instead - See Below.)

Basic Unix:Included:X-term,IP utils

SSH:OpenSSH Included on Cacko: Drop Bear Client (Client only. I don't recall ever running the server on the Z either.)

Kismet:Kismet:None Yet. (I don't sniff peoples packets, just scan and get info about available access points, so the 770 built-in capability is fine.)

I don't think I have ever actually read an ebook that was not available as a PDF. I do however, use some large (1 <MEG< 5) text files at work that I need to be able to search quickly. On the Z these would crash or slow the web browser or Hancom Word. I used QTreader on the Z because it would handle these files. These files seem to open fine in the 770 Browser, and searching them is the fastest I have ever seen on a handheld.

Mobile Linux? Got That.
Pepper Pad 3, Nokia 770, GP2X, Motorola A780

Please visit http://linuxslate.com/ New! Discussion boards just started.